树屋经典影视论坛

标题: 第十三期杂志选文——《新奥尔良:七大素食好去处》 [打印本页]

作者: lolamarrazzo    时间: 2014-10-19 13:23
标题: 第十三期杂志选文——《新奥尔良:七大素食好去处》
New Orleans: Top seven Vegetarian Eats
   新奥尔良:七大素食好去处
[attach]126[/attach]
No other city in America calls you to the table like New Orleans—the city lives and breathes great food and without question, the Big Easy offers my favorite destination dining in the entire USA.
在美国,没有哪座城市的美食能像新奥尔良一样调人口味—这个城市从里到外都吐露着美食的气息,毋庸置疑,“大逍遥”是全美我最享受的用餐地点。

Though I will be the first to rave about the oysters and po’ boys, duck sausage gumbo and the mighty meaty muffuletta, I am well aware that not all of us eat meat. Some of you just want to sit down and dine on something amazingly scrumptious that does not involve cows or turtles or goats or birds—I get it.
虽然我首先要吹捧的是生蚝,油炸生蚝三明治,鸭肉香肠秋葵浓汤和富有嚼劲多肉三明治,但我真切的意识到并不是所有的人喜食肉。有些人只是想坐下吃一些美味无比的食物,当然不能包括奶牛,海龟,山羊或者鸟类—我能理解。

What few of you may know that I was a strict vegetarian for seven years, and that the good city of New Orleans is our friend. What matters most in this town is eating well, and no matter your allergy or dietary preference, New Orleans delivers.
只有极少的人可能知道我严守只吃素食长达七年之久,而新奥尔良这座城市就是我们素食者的良友。在这座城市人们最关心的是吃得健康,而且,不管你有食物过敏症或是有饮食偏好,新奥尔良都能满足你。

Though NOLA’s vegetarian landscape extends well beyond my own petite list, the following seven spots are my favorites (in no particular order):
虽然我这小清单装不下新奥尔良路易斯安那州”素食天堂“的景致,但还是列出我最喜爱的七所餐厅(排名不分先后):

[attach]127[/attach]
1.Seed “Garden Base, NOLA Taste”, this all-vegan restaurant recently opened up on Prytania Street near the CBD. Personally, I loved the eggplant po’ boy and the homemade hummus, and their raw and vegan dessert menu is simply outstanding. Definitely the place to please the most finicky diners out there.
种子餐厅——“田园食材,地道品味”,这是一家最近在中央商务区附近的普利坦尼亚街新开张的全素食餐厅。就个人而言,我很喜爱茄子三明治和手工鹰嘴豆泥,他们的冷盘和素食甜点也相当出色。最挑剔的食客也无疑会拜倒其下。

[attach]128[/attach]
2.Sneaky Pickle Vegetarian, farm-to-table cafe in the 9th Ward with a rotating menu. The best part? Nothing on the menu is over $10. Amazing daily soups and flatbreads.
泡菜素食馆,位于沃德街9号——旋转式菜单,“从农场到餐桌”的运营模式。最值得称道的地方?样样菜式不超10美元。日供汤羹和无发酵面包真是赞不绝口。

[attach]129[/attach]
3.Bennachin Delectable delights inspired by West Africa (Cameroon & Gambia). I highly recommend the Kone Ni  Makondo (black eyed peas w/ tomato stew and fried plantain), though anything on the menu can be prepared vegetarian. Worth checking out for something truly unique and tasty in the French Quarter.
“Bennachin美食馆”——灵感源于西非(喀麦隆和冈比亚)。尽管菜单上的每一道菜都是为素食主义者所打造的,但我还是力推Kone Ni Makondo这道(黑眼豆和番茄炖汤配炸芭蕉),不过菜单上任何一道菜式都适合素食者。这家餐厅是您在法语区内品鉴独特美味菜肴的(绝佳选择)。

[attach]130[/attach]
4.Breads on Oak Organic and (mostly) vegan bakery that stays true to the old world traditions of breadmaking while being inventive and thoughtful to everyone’s taste and needs. Come for the bread, or breakfast, or sandwiches, or coffee! The all-vegan, gluten-free coconut rosemary cookies will make you shout.
“橡树有机面包”和(多数的)素食面包店在坚守旧时代传统面包工艺的同时,让面包更具创造性,贴近每个人的口味和需求。来这家店品尝面包,早餐,或三明治或咖啡吧!全素不含麸质的椰子迷迭香饼干绝对会让你尖叫。

[attach]131[/attach]
5.Carmo Brazilian-inspired tropical cafe near the National WII Museum. Though meat is on the menu, the number of hearty salads sets this place apart, as does their one-of-a-kind juice bar. The Burmese Tea Leaf Salad looks yummy, and the vegan banana cake gets two thumbs up.
位于国家二战博物馆附近的“卡尔莫巴西风情热带咖啡厅”。虽然你可以在菜单上找到肉类的踪迹,但丰盛的沙拉供应量让这家餐厅十分抢眼,这家店的果汁吧也实属独一无二。缅甸茶叶沙拉看起来很美味,全素香蕉蛋糕不得不让人为它竖起两根大拇指。

[attach]132[/attach]
6.Mayas Culinary stand-out on the new Magazine Street, this nuevo latino menu has a dedicated column for vegetarians. Try the  roasted red pepper and sundried tomato guacamole and the bountiful vegetarian paella.
“玛雅餐厅”——新杂志街的“闪亮之星”,这个努埃沃拉丁菜单有一列专门为素食者准备的菜式。尝尝这里的烤红辣椒番茄干鳄梨酱和丰富的素食西班牙海鲜饭。

[attach]133[/attach]
7.District Donuts Renowned for their delicious doughnuts and meaty mini sandwiches, DD earns a spot on this list solely for their tofu sliders. Anyone that can make tofu taste this satisfying deserves a trophy.
“多拿滋小舍”以美味的甜甜圈和迷你多肉三明治著称。“多拿滋小舍”单单凭借他们的豆腐滑块就在这里赢得了一席之地。如果有人能做出如此合人口味的豆腐,真该赏他一尊奖杯。

注释:
① The big Easy是新奥尔良的别称
② 油炸生蚝三明治(Po’boys):一种源于美国路易斯安那州的传统长形三明治,尤其在新奥尔良流行。这种三明治一般采用表面酥脆内里韧软的法棍面包,中间夹上烤牛肉或者油炸海鲜,是一种非常欢迎的食物。
③ 中央商务区:原文“CBD”,全称是Central Business District,即中央商务区,指一个国家或大城市里主要商业活动进行的地区。

翻译:阿花
校对:小潮
总监 : 小潮  副总监 :攸宁

树屋字幕组-文翻组
翻译仅供学习交流,严禁用于商业用途
PDF下载:
[attach]1565[/attach]

欢迎光临 树屋经典影视论坛 (http://treehousesub.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.2