收藏本站 Get busy living or get busy dieing.要么忙于活着,要么忙于死去。——《Shawshank Redemption》

树屋经典影视论坛

找回密码
 立即注册
您可以使用eMule或eMule Mod(参见eMuleFans.com的Mod页emule-mods.de的Mod页)(Windows)、aMule(Win、Linux、Mac)等软件下载eD2k链接。可以参考这里的修复、关联eD2k协议链接方法
eMule收藏集(.emulecollection)文件是您选中的所有链接的列表文件。eMule可以直接下载它们。
按住SHIFT键选择可以选中多个选择框。
可用文件名和大小选择器来选择文件。
查看eD2k Link Selector php类主页可以下载此php类或联系作者。
查看eD2k Link Selector WordPress 插件主页可以下载WordPress插件。
文件名选择器帮您根据文件名称或后缀来选择文件。不分大小写。
符号使用:
和:空格( )、+
不包含:-
或:|
转义:一对英文引号("");
匹配开头:^
匹配结尾:$
例如:
选中所有名称中包含有“eMule”或“0.49c”字眼,但不包含有“exe”字眼的:emule|0.49c -exe
选中所有名称的开头是“eMule”,结尾是“0.49c”的:^emule 0.49c$
选中所有名称中带有“eMule 0.49c”的(必须是“eMule 0.49c”,中间没有别的字符,不能是“eMule fake 0.49c”),需要转义:"emule 0.49c"
大小选择器帮您根据文件大小选择文件。
查看: 2022|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

第二十八期杂志选文——《持枪便于自卫还是引起问题?》

[复制链接]
  • TA的每日心情
    开心
    2016-4-30 15:04
  • 签到天数: 1 天

连续签到: 1 天

[LV.1]初来乍到

跳转到指定楼层
    楼主
    发表于 2015-8-18 10:55:28 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

登录以后才能看到帖子详情哦!

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?立即注册

x

Isit better to own a gun for self-defense, or is that more likely to causeproblems?
    持枪是更便于自卫还是更易引起问题?

Assume home defense, your country allowslegal ownership of weapons and you have taken appropriate weapons training.Scenario is that the country you live in has gone sideways and others are aboutto invade your home. You have kids. What do you do?
    假定在家庭防卫中,你的国家允许合法拥有武器,除此之外,你已经接受了一定的武器训练。假使有这样的一个情节——你居住的国家处于风雨飘摇之中,其他人即将侵入你家。而你有孩子。你该怎么办?

Thisquestion arose as part of a conversation about whether it is better to own agun for self defense and deterrence purposes or it's better not to own one andlet the chips fall where they may.
    这个问题作为讨论的一部分被提出,是否拥有一把起到防身并达到威慑目的的枪会更好,又或是不要持有枪支,而让事情顺其自然的发展下去为妙?
    ----------------------------------
    Not really. I am basing this on years of weapons andself-defense training. Let me explain...
    事实并非如此。基于我多年的武器和自卫训练的经验。让我来解释一下……
    First off a personal reference. I spent a few years in theMarine Corps as a weapons instructor. I trained hundreds in the use of standardissue rifles and pistols. I also have a black belt and trained a great dealwith the Marine Corps martial arts program. The reason that this is valuable isthat it gave me a great deal of insight on the nature of self-defense andweapons.
    首先以我个人为参考吧。我作为一名武器教练在海军陆战队工作过几年。我训练过数百人来学习使用标配步枪和手枪。我也拥有武术黑带并训练过大量海军陆战队的武术项目。这些经历很有价值,是因为它使我大量地洞悉了自卫和武器使用方面的本质。

Nowas far as home defense goes, you need to consider several factors.
    如今就家庭防卫而言,你需要考虑几项因素。

1) A gun will only be used about .00002% of the time that youown it.
    1) 从你拥有一把枪开始,它只有0.000002%的几率会派上用场。
    You will be keeping and storing this weapon the whole time youown it, even though you might get attacked once or twice in a lifetime. Theproblem with this is that at any point something with the stored weapon couldgo wrong, such as losing pieces or unwanted people getting into your weapon.Granted it's hard for a pieces to suddenly go missing, but it isn't difficultfor curious children to explore.
    在你拥有枪支的整个过程里,你要一直保养并贮藏好它,即使在你一生的时间里你遭遇袭击的次数寥寥无几。这个的问题是不知道在什么时候储存的枪支就会出现意外,诸如丢失零件又或是被不期待的人碰见了。的确,零件突然间丢失很稀奇,但是很难保证充满好奇心的孩子不去探究它一番。

Second, recent surveys have shown that household members wereonly present in about 27% of cases of break-in. You are much more likely tohave a burglar take the gun from under your bed while you are at work or onvacation than to actually arrive when you are present. Think about it, if youwere to rob someone, why not take your time and not get caught.
    其次,最近调查显示,只有27%非法入侵的案件是在有家庭成员在场的情况下发生。你家中更有可能出现一位小偷是在你工作或者度假的时候拿走你的枪
    ,而不是当你正好回家时前来抢劫。想想吧,如果你想要抢劫某个人,为什么不慢慢来以防被抓到呢。

2) Weapons are actually difficult to use.
    2) 武器实际上难以使用。
    (Thisis a shotgun, a good choice in home defense. You need to understand each pieceand how it fits together as well as how to strip, clean, inspect, lubricate andreassemble the weapon. Good luck, you should only need the one shot.)
    (这是一把猎枪,家庭防卫的好选择。你需要了解每一块零件并知道如何组装并且如何拆散,清理,检查,润滑然后把它重新组装起来。祝你好运,你应该只需要开那一枪。

Weapons like a gun have many pieces that have to be regularlymaintained. You need to have training into how to take care of your gun. This doesn'thave to be in depth, but a person does have to research the information of theweapon. They have to know how to adjust the sights and zero their rifles. Theyneed to know how to disassemble and clean their bolt or inspect their firingpins for imperfections. It takes time to figure out all this and is a loteasier to screw it up than to get it right. And if you don't get it right theweapon might not work or even get you hurt as the burglar laughs at you.
    像枪支这种武器有许多零件必须定期保养。你需要学习如何保养你的枪。这些不必深入地了解,但那个人却必须研究学习关于武器的知识。他们必须了解如何调焦瞄准,如何拆卸清理他们的枪栓,检查他们撞针的缺陷。要弄明白所有这些问题需要些时间,比起搞定它来说你更容易将它搞砸。而且若你搞砸了,武器可能失灵甚至使你受伤,到时候窃贼都会笑话你。
    (In case you were wondering, this isn't ademonstration of how they "curved the bullet".)
    (千万不要惊讶,此图不是在教你如何“弯曲弹轨”)

3) Guns don't shoot themselves.
    3) 枪支不会自己开枪。
    I know that if you have ever seen a movie you know how to shoot,right? No. It is actually very difficult to learn how to shoot and hit thething you are aiming at. You have to understand how the weapon's sights work.You have to learn how to focus on only the sights while placing it in front ofyour target, without ever looking directly at the target. If you think that notfocusing on the target makes no sense then you're more of a danger to yourselfthan to the bad guys. In any case, learning how to accurately fire the weaponis very difficult and takes a great deal of time to master. If you ever want toget a weapon you need a great deal of professional education in one-on-onetraining in controlling your weapon and placing your shots where you intendthem to go. This absolutely isn't something you can teach yourself or yourcousin Billy Bob can teach as you shoot stuff down by the river. You will onlydevelop bad habits that will do you no good when you need it. Also, turning theweapon sideways doesn't help, at all.
    我知道如果你看过一场电影,你就会认为你已经学会了如何射击,对吗?并非如此。事实上学习如何射击以及射中你瞄准的物体是非常难的。你必须理解武器的瞄准器是怎样工作的。你必须学会如何只注意盯住瞄准器当它放到目标前的时候,而不是直接盯着目标看。如果你认为不去关注目标是毫无道理的话,那么危险的会是你自己而不是那些坏蛋。不管怎么样,学习如何准确地开枪非常困难并需要花费大量时间去掌握。如果你想拥有一个武器,你需要大量的职业一对一的训练来掌控你的武器并学会指哪打哪的本领。这绝不是你可以自学或你的堂兄比利、鲍勃他们在河边教你射击物品那样简单。你只会养成当你需要它时对你没有一点好处的坏习惯。同样,把武器转过一侧也帮不了你,完全不行

(If you're curious you should check out the questionWhy do gangsters hold their guns sideways?forsome interesting theories on why people do this, besides that they have neverbeen trained.)
    (如果你对此好奇,你应该搜索一下为什么匪徒们把他们的枪放在一侧?至于人们为什么这么做,除了他们从未被训练过以外,还有一些有趣的理论。

I have been trained by the best weapons instructors in theUnited States Marine Corps. I've literally shot thousands of rounds fromseveral different weapons systems and even in a completely stress freeenvironment; a nice indoor range with my family just practicing, and I stilldon't always hit where I want to. If you have never fired before then how welldo you think you are going to do when you really need it?
    我在美国海军陆战队曾经被最好的武器教练训练过。在几种不同武器系统下逐步进行过成千轮的射击。即使是在一个完全无压力的环境下,和我的家人在一个不错的室内练习场练习,我仍旧不一定能指哪打哪。如果你之前从未开过枪,那么当你真正需要它的时候你认为你能做得多好?
    (Heads up: This is going to end badly.)
    (警告:这样做的后果不堪设想。)

4) Emergencies never happen in the waythat you can be prepared for.
    4紧急情况总在你毫无准备的时候降临
    I know that many people get hyped upwith stories of dangerous encounters like someone breaking in at night, butthis doesn't happen as much as you would think. Some things to consider, thereis more than one guy, the guy could be a child, the guy has a bigger gun, theguy attacks outside when you are in the city, the guy comes in the day when youare gone (and you just gave him a gun.)
    我知道许多人都过分夸大了半夜有人闯入房间之类危险情形的报道,不过这种事情发生的频率比你想得要低。你需要考虑的是:可能有不止一个罪犯;可能那个人是个孩子;那个人的枪支可能更大,可能当你在城内时那个家伙袭击其他地方,而在你外出时趁虚而入,而你正好给他留了一把枪。

The point is that you can't say thatyou will be prepared and safe because you have a gun. You never know what youmight be facing. You will be able to hedge your defenses much better if youinstead invest in a very good security system. It will only
    scare away predators under mostsituations, call for backup from police and help give you peace of mind even ifyou aren't home or suck at shooting.
    重点在于,你绝对不能说有枪就万事大吉,高枕无忧。你永远不知道你会面对什么。如果你能够转而投资在一套非常可靠的安保系统内,那么你就可以得到更好的防护。一把枪大多时候只能吓唬吓唬敌人,引来警察的支援,如果你不在家或者枪法不好,枪的存在也只是聊以
    慰藉罢了。

"If only I hadmy gun this would never have happened!"
    “我要是有枪就绝不会这样了!”

5) Guns are dangerous by design.
    5)枪本身的设计就是很危险的

Shocker right? I know if you arereading this it makes it seem a bit patronizing. If you are considering a gun at home you need tothink about the fact that at any point, it is always a gun. There is no safetythat can't be overcome, by a six year old. This stuff does happen.
    很惊讶吧?知道读到这里,你们会觉得我有点自作聪明但是如果你想在家里放一把枪,你得意识到,无论什么时候,它都是一把枪。对一个六岁小孩来说,什么样的保险栓都能被克服。这种事情时有发生。

In another horrifying scenario, whatif you are disarmed because you aren't ready to use the weapon. What if you run into this guy?
    在另一种可怕的场景中,如果你没准备好用枪,也就等于没枪,那么如果你碰到这个家伙,该怎么办?

Now your weapon is his weapon, and you are worse off than if youjust got a dog. What you can do is buy yourself a weapon with special biometriclocks, but they're expensive and rare. You could buy a gun safe and gun locksand all sorts of other things. These are great, but if you haven't noticed, youwill be fumbling and stumbling around in the middle of the night making noiseand unable to even get the thing that is supposed to save you in the firstplace. These are things that take a great deal of time when you should be onthe phone to the police anyway.
    这时你的武器已经成了他的武器,而且你比身边只有一条狗还要糟糕。你能做的是给自己买一把带有特殊生物识别锁的武器,但它们昂贵而少见。你可以买到保险、扳机种种之类的东西。这固然不错,但是你可能没想到,你将在半夜踉踉跄跄到处瞎摸,甚至不能上手本该在第一时间保护你的家伙你本应打电话报警的时候却在这些事上花费了大把的时间。
    (Yes, it's still dangerous, yet adorable.)
    (是的,它还是很危险,但是却讨人喜爱。)
    ***) You shouldn't ever"carry" a weapon for personal self defense.
    ***)你绝对不应该为了自保而“携带”一把武器
    As a side note, I also have a seriousgrievance with those who think that they can use a weapon for personal selfdefense outside the home. The fact is that if you are considering carrying aweapon in your pocket or purse, you are literally endangering everyone aroundyou with virtually no chance of being of any use to anyone. First, a weaponthat is not holstered is one of the most dangerous things a person can do tothose around them. There are many ways that a weapon floating around can gooff. If you carry one like this, I hate you. You're going to hurt someone.Secondly, please imagine a time when you might need the weapon.
    作为边注,我要对那些以为自己能够在家外使用武器自保的人感到切身的窝囊。事实是,如果你在考虑在包里或口袋中装上把枪的话,你仅仅将周围所有人置身危险之中,而实际上对任何人都不可能有啥用。首先,未放入皮套中的枪是一个人对周围人来说最危险的事情之一。没有保护的武器有很多方式走火。如果你这样携带武器的话,我恨你。你会伤到别人的。第二,请设想这样一个你有可能会用到枪支的情况。
    A robber comes up to you late at night beside your car. He pullsa knife and demands your purse with your car keys.
    深夜,一名抢匪走来你的车旁。他拔出一把刀,要抢走你的钱包和车钥匙。
    "Oh hold on just a second and let me find my gun."
    “哦,稍等一下,我找找我的枪。”
    ...a few seconds go by...
    ……过了一会儿……
    "I'm serious, I am robbingyou."
    “我是认真的,我正在抢劫你呢。”
    "I know, I know. Just give me asecond. I know it is over here somewhere."
    “我知道,我知道。再稍等一会儿。我知道它就在这儿的什么地方。”
    ... a few more seconds pass...
    ……又过了一会儿……
    "You see that I have a kniferight?"
    “你看到我拿着刀呢,对吧?
    "Just be patient."
    “耐心点儿嘛。”
    ……
    "I'm truly sorry, but I reallymust be going. I'll be taking your purse now."
    “非常抱歉,但我真的得走了。我现在要拿走你的包。”
    "Oh, just one more second!"
    “哦,再稍等一下吧!”
    ……
    He takes the purse and steals yourcar. Then as you stand there contemplating how the gun should have solved yourproblem, the robber rolls down your window and throws your gun out to mock you.You hear Janie's Got a Gun playing on your radio and reflect on the song'sirony and how this didn't play out the way you thought it would.
    他拿走了你的包,偷跑了你的车。当你还站在原地,思索着枪本应该怎么解决你的问题时,劫匪摇下了车窗,把你的枪扔出来嘲笑你。你听到车上播放着《珍妮有把枪》,回想着着歌中的讽刺和你所经历的并没有按你想象中的发展。
    "...Damn."
    “……我勒个去。”

As a final note, if everything goesperfectly right, you might just have to kill someone.
    最后一点,有时你可能需要杀人来确保事情顺利进行。
    The idea that you can bluff your way outof situation is not a good tactic, especially if you are dealing with someonetruly violent. If you have a gun it needs to be for the purposeof killing someone when the need comes. If they view that their future lies inkeeping you quiet, or if they feel that their life is being threatened (by yourgun) they may attack you. In that case you will have to be able to kill him. There is no"shoot the knife out his hand or shoot him in the leg stuff." Itsounds nice, but you will be lucky to hit him in the chest like you're supposedto (see point #3). Do a self analysis and ask could I deal with killingsomeone, even if they are going to steal my stuff or hurt my family. Yeah your first response is easy tosay "You bet I would," but would you really? I have been to Iraqtwice and have had to think long and hard about what would it be like if I hadto kill someone. Could I live with myself? Could I look at my wife again?I saw itin many of the other Marines who had. It is a traumatic experience thatchanges a person. If you really think you can't do that, figure out a strategyyou can honestly deal with without a moral breakdown. To add to your moraldilemma, according to Bureau of Justice statistics, youshould also know that offenders were known to their victims in 65% of thesecases. After thinking that about your target being your brother, cousin, friendor neighbor please ask these questions again.
    装腔作势来摆脱困境的办法并不是什么好办法,特别是你面对某些暴虐成性的人。
    但假如你拥有一把枪,那么这把枪就可以在不得已的情况下杀死某些人。然而一旦他们意识到只要你安安静静他们就可以得逞,或是感觉到他们的生命被你(手中的枪)威胁到了,那么他们也许会攻击你。在这种情形下你就需要确定自己有足够的能力来杀死他们。这里没有所谓的“射飞他手中的刀子或是射中他的腿”之类的,当然这听上去很理想,但是你要能做到本应做到那般,一枪射中他的胸膛就已经很幸运了(请见第3点)。自我分析一下,问问自己是否真的会去杀人,即便那些人将要偷自己的东西或伤害自己的家人。 当然了,你会脱口而出:“我向你打赌我可以。”但是你真的会吗?我曾两次前往伊拉克,长时间的深思倘若我杀人了我会变得怎么样。我还能够正视自己吗?我还能够再面对自己的妻子吗?我在许多杀过人的陆战队员身上看到了类似的问题在困扰着他们。这样惨痛的经历是会改变一个人的。如果你认为自己真的无法杀死一个人,那么就想出一个策略既可以解决问题又可以避免一次道德上的审判。根据司法统计局的数据,你应该知道的是这类案件中65%的罪犯是被害者的熟人,而这一点则会使你在犯罪前多思考一下伦理两难问题。毕竟考虑到你所要伤害的对象有可能是你的兄弟姐妹,朋友或者邻居,所以在杀人前请三思。

What should you do?
    你应当做什么?

My advice is that you think aboutprevention. It sounds cliché, but statistics support this. Of the break-ins that occurred abouta third happened because of an open or unlocked door or window. Installing asecurity system also makes you about 300% safer as it hardens the target forburglars and scares away most when the alarm goes off before any people orproperty can be damaged. A good one can even send in the police when a break-inoccurs. In this case the best defense is actually a good defense.
    我的建议是你要提前做好预防措施。这听上去可能有点陈词滥调,但统计数据显示这是有帮助的。三分之一的非法闯入案件大都起因于门没锁或者窗户没关。安装一个安全系统会使你达到300%的安全,这使目标难度加大,并且能够在任何人或财产遭到损害之前警铃会将大多数盗贼吓走。一个完善的安全系统甚至可以在发生非法闯入事件的第一时间报警。那么在这种情况下,最好的防护就是一个完备的安全防护系统。

I know that questions like this areoften asked out of fear. People want to have a great deal ofcontrol over their situation, but when others put you in danger you can almostalways never get it back. The best bet is to rationally consider your optionsbefore a situation occurs.
    我知道出于恐惧人们会提出许多类似问题。人们想要对自身的处境拥有足够的控制权,但是当他人将你置身于一个危险的处境,而你几乎总是不能扭转局势。那么最好的办法就是在这类情况发生之前理性的考虑一下你的处理方式。

The odd thing is I actually support gun ownership. I agree with the purpose of the second amendment and have afew myself.I enjoy them and like to go to the range to practice the art, but Idoubt I will ever need to use them.Most of my motives for this post,like I have said, is that I really don't think people think about all that goesinto the reality of weapons.I don't think people who are afraid really considerthe better defensive options to guns.I don't think thatthey do the proper research and put in the time to practice, give respect tothe safety rules, take proper care of their weapons or put enough effort intomaking sure the wrong people don't use them. I don't think they have the abilityto protect themselves in such a case as this question and do think they wouldprobably be putting themselves or others they love in danger.奇怪的是,实际上我是支持枪支所有权的。我同意第二修正案的目的并且自己也拥有几把枪。我喜欢它们也喜欢去练习场上来几发,但是我怀疑我是否需要用上他们。我发布这篇文章的动机很大部分是,像我说过的,是我真的不认为人们会想到一下关于武器的真实的情况。我也不认为那些处于恐惧之中的人们会真的考虑一下面对枪支更好的防御手段。同样我也不认为他们会做适当的研究、投入时间去实践、谨遵安全条例、好好保养自己的武器或者是留心确保不让不应该的人使用武器。我不认为他们在类似情形中自保的能力并且觉得他们还有可能会将自己或他们所爱的人置身于危险之中。
    Thanks for reading!
    感谢您的阅读!

Everything I write is completelyindependent research. I am supported completely by fan and follower assistance.If youenjoyed this post and would like to see more like it, follow my Quora blog Jon's Deep Thoughts or you could show your supportdirectly by checking out my support page here: How you can support Jon Davis' independent essays
    所有我所写的文字都是完全的独家发布。我的支持完全来自粉丝和追随者们。假如你比较喜欢这篇文章并还想看到更多此类文章,关注我的Quora博客:乔的深思,或者你可以直接通过点击我的支持页面来支持我:如何支持乔戴维斯的独家文章?

翻译:urban,prince
    校对:gabriellaz, 小布
    终较:Lola
    树屋字幕组-文翻组
    翻译仅供学习交流,严禁用于商业用途

PDF文档下载:
    持枪自卫(请使用Adobe reader打开!).pdf (386.83 KB, 下载次数: 0, 售价: 20 树币)
    树屋微博@树屋字幕组 其他发布站点:ed2000和No视频 其他网站上传内容均属站方行为,与字幕组无关!
    回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|联系我们|加入我们| ( 蜀ICP备1600436号

!rsf_gtt_lan!
    x

微信扫码关注
    更新提醒 丰富内容
    一网打尽!

|人工智能

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 08:32 , Processed in 0.136394 second(s), 36 queries .